Sunday, September 16, 2007

Niersteiner Hölle








well well.. the other day, Isa decided to stay with Omi.. another Omi overnight - great for me, great for Isa - let me leave it at that. he he he.. nah, really, Omi rather enjoys having her there! At least most of the time :-)
I had seen that there was a new cache up on the way home, up in the vineyards, and only one person had found it so far - sunny weather, nobody at home waiting - where is the catch? NOWHERE! lol.. Juju and I parked in Nierstein right outside a winegrower's place where there were bottles for sale on a table. Yup, bottles, grapes, jams and a small box where you put your money. This is Germany, remember? :-) And what was in the bottles? Old wine (last year´s) and young wine from last week.. hmmmm... red Federweißer (young wine which is still fermenting)... So that was a perfect reward for when we would come back to the car!

Up into the vineyards we climbed and ate some really yummy grapes along the way, just the ones they left behind though... After a quick find and an awesome view we just hung out in the sun, sat in the tower up there, played with bugs and things before climbing back down to Nierstein.

My cache, my sours....

Fresh off the vine - have you ever eaten fresher grapes???

can i fit the whole thing in my mouth?

running downhill is ggrrrreeeeaaaatttt

BTW, the nice thing about potty training and caching is that you´re generally somewhere in nature and Juju can squat virtually anywhere.. he he he.. fertilizer! sorry, had to mention that. grin
This was a great little afternoon cache, we had a great time and yes, I rewarded myself with a bottle of fresh bubbly red Federweißer.. which I opened that evening, too!

No comments: