Saturday, June 02, 2007

Caching with the little ones...




If you´ve ever been geocaching with small children (in this case 5, 5, and 2.5) you´ll know what I´m talking about..well, actually it applies to most travels.. ha ha..
Are we there yet? How much higher do we have to climb? Can you carry me? Can you pull me? Can I ride on the dog? :-D
Once we made it to the top (yes, it WAS a steep climb straight up through the vineyards with 2 breaks) they loved it! They couldn´t get enough of the view and kept discovering new things on the horizon every second - begging me they could stay there all night.. ha ha..
As this was only a micro cache I thought it would take about 2 minutes to get it but.... we were totally misled by the many footprints up and down the slope until I was about to give up.. and remembered the hint in the listing of "Happy Birthday".. tadaaaaaa. The kids were all excited (yeah, me too.. lol) and we logged happily and deservedly.. grin..
The descend all the way down to Oppenheim was fun as well and the kids dropped into a deep coma once they hit their beds - mission successful on all levels! Wohoo.. grin

No comments: