Sunday, July 09, 2006

Soccer Sushi and other World Cup Memorabilia...

Oh yeah.. now you´ve seen it all - from the very very dark closets of the World Cup to the lighter side.. lol.. I´d like to refrain from posting a picture of the "World Cup 2006 soccer Dildo" that I was recently offered in the everyday Spam pile but don´t want to let you off the hook completely unscathed - as snack food for the game last night (GO GERMANY!!!! WOHOO!!! haha) I had bought some Soccer Sushi which looked good but wasn´t all that great - mainly tasted like rice, not really like sushi as I had hoped.
Fortunately the German team didn´t care and made this a great game - along the the Portugese team of course. BF Claudia was getting a bit annoyed because when the score was 2:0 for us I dared to say that I wish the Portugese would at least score one honor goal as long as we still win.. smile.. and 5 minutes later she called me back to curse me out - nothing but love for me! haha..
Anyways, as everywhere else in the country the party lasted all night with people driving around waving flags and honking their horns, shooting off fireworks and having just one big fest. Hey, after all us Germans will make an excuse for a fest for the sole purpose of having it :-D so might as well take this opportunity! There wasn´t a better place to be on the face of this planet last night than here to watch a whole country celebrate!!!

No comments: