Sunday, September 03, 2006

Holiday Park I - The Royal Family


just wanted to share these pictures while the event of taking them is still causing me to chuckle loudly! ha ha ha
Ok, we are at Holiday Park, Haßloch, Germany.
Try to picture a foto studio where only the fotographer and some costumes are.. we are entering to check out the costumes.. still, there´s noone else around, just us, everyone happy and cheery. Then our friends show up. We try to put the first part of Juju´s costume on him and - he starts screaming, wanting to run away! More people turn their head and look our way. Rafael gets the first part of his King outfit. Alex gets dressed.. more people are coming our way, looking.. Juju is screaming at the top of his lungs, tears are falling, snot is running.. I´m ready to call it quits - not the rest of the clan. Isa insists on her Princess outfit so I decide to go along with it.. Juju is still not dressed all the way - Rafael gets his crown. We finally get Juju´s stuff on and he´s still screaming - my Juju! I can´t believe the nicest, happiest, always cheerful kid is doing this!
We had been at the park for a couple of hours though, been on a bunch of rides and he fell asleep in the high chair during lunch and only awoke 20 minutes before this happens.. maybe that had something to do with it, who knows.. but out of all of our kids - Juju????
The screaming continues, now it´s my turn and I have to get into a changing corner behind a curtain to get my dress on. Gorgeous, I´m loving it - I actually have cleavage! ha ha ha ha..
Juju is still rebelling.. he wants to go and do other stuff (eat ice cream, ride the merry-go-round for the 25th time etc..). Can you imagine how may people had assembled outside the fotostudio by now? Waaaay too many! 30, 40, I have no idea... the show goes on, Juju is screaming, the fotographer is doing her best but is about to throw in the towel.. lol.. we´re all just laughing by now and told her to go ahead, not matter what. My crown is on crooked, you can´t really see my beautiful gown because I have to hold Juju in a deadlock.. etc. etc..
We took the 2 best pictures in the end - when Juju´s belly wasn´t exposed anymore and he had stopped crying for 2 seconds, Isa messed it up.. lol.. at least Alex didn´t have a stupid face on anymore! And in the middle of all the chaos sits the King.. Rafael.. not moving, not faltering, just being King.. hahaha.. We are going to frame these pictures!!

And now, for something completely different.. :-D
Yippeh!!!
And yes, we all had fun, including the little Jujumonster and our friends in the back (one of whom is blocked by Rafael - no, he doesn´t have cute pony tails like that)

1 comment:

Patty said...

What a great family photo. And you will always remember the story of how Juju made it more interesting for you.
I am enjoying reading your blog